“The live stream allowed us to share the TEDxGrandForks experience with those both near and far,” said organizer Becca Grandstrand. “TEDxGrandForks is more than just a day of interesting talks; it is meant to start conversations that matter about ideas that can take our world to the next level. The live stream gave us the opportunity to share that vision with hundreds of individuals from around the world.”
- Anna Astvatsaturian Turcotte (Portland, ME): Author of “Nowhere, a Story of Exile”
- Nicholas Gaudette & Maggie Bergeron (Minneapolis, MN): Educators and Co-Creators of “Hear Here!” a new Twin Cities music and movement festival
- Jonas Fisher (Warroad, MN): Musician and Composer
- Alex Gilliam (Philadelphia, PA): Entrepreneur, Expert Builder, and Founder of Public Workshop
- Patrick Kasper (Fargo, ND): Fitness Guru and Creator of “Positive Motion: Movement with a Message”
- Tim Larkin (Los Vegas, NV): Self-Defense Expert, Founder of Target Focus Training, and Author of “Surviving the Unthinkable”
- Taylor Mortell (Boston, MA): Co-Founder of “Still Running: An Art Marathon for Boston”
- Jason Schaefer (Grand Forks, ND): Urbanist
- Natasha Thomas (Grand Forks, ND): Educator and Community Activist
- Bill Wong (Los Angeles, CA): Occupational Therapist Specializing in Autism
TEDxGrandForks was also attended and supported by TEDx organizers from around the region, including representatives from TEDxBrookings, TEDxMinot, TEDxFargo, TEDxGullLake, and TEDxBismarck.
“Everyone who attended, spoke, volunteered, and watched TEDxGrandForks helped to make the event a huge success,” said Becca Grandstrand. “At TEDxGrandForks we were asked to take an active role in our communities, to take our ideas and put them into action. Attendees were engaged with new perspectives and challenged to seek out solutions in unexpected ways.”
TEDxGrandForks was sponsored and supported by the Greater Grand Forks Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Knight Foundation, UND Student Government, NINE18 Photography, BeeGee Designs, Caribou Coffee, Amazing Grains Food Cooperative, Dakota Harvest Bakers, the University of North Dakota, Northrop Grumman, and Alerus Financial.
Technical production and videography was provided by HB Sound & Light. Photography was provided by John Campbell of NINE18 Photography. Web design was provided by BeeGee Designs. Slide deck design was provided by Samantha Nienow of Red Zest Design. Speaker coaching was provided by Tasha Rohlfs: Public Speaking Consultant.
TEDxGrandForks is licensed by TED but is locally organized by Hannah Bahnmiller, Brandon Baumbach, Emily Burkland, Becca Grandstrand, Andrew Galegher, Shana Hall, and Hana Mattern.