Students must create and submit a link to a YouTube video up to 3 minutes in length that describes the problem, the idea, and how it will be implemented. Submissions will only be accepted online at www.tedxgrandforks.com/launch-contest-submissions.
The TEDxGrandForks team will select 3 videos. Winners will receive a complimentary ticket to TEDxGrandForks: Launch on Saturday, February 21, 1:00pm at the Empire Arts Center in Downtown Grand Forks, ND. In addition, winners will be asked to share a 3-minute overview of their idea at the event.
Video submissions are due by Tuesday, February 10, 5:00 PM. Winners will be selected and notified by email on or before Saturday, February 14, 5:00 PM.
About TEDxGrandForks: Launch
On Saturday, February 21, 2015, TEDxGrandForks will host its second main stage event, themed “Launch,” at the Empire Arts Center in Downtown Grand Forks.
TEDxGrandForks tickets are $80 for general admission or $25 for University of North Dakota (UND) student admission (available to the first 75 UND student purchasers). The ticket purchase price includes access to all talks and experiences, including a social following the event. Tickets are available online at www.tedxgrandforks.com/tickets.
Registration will begin at the Daktyl Tattoo Gallery at noon and the program will begin at the Empire Arts Center at 1:00pm. An After Party will follow the event at approximately 6:30pm at HB Sound & Light.
To date, sponsors for TEDxGrandForks include the Greater Grand Forks Convention and Visitors Bureau, the University of North Dakota Student Government, the Knight Foundation, Dakota Harvest Bakers, and Amazing Grains.
The presenters are as follows, listed in alphabetical order. For detailed biographies, please visit the TEDxGrandForks website:
- Anna Astvatsaturian Turcotte (Portland, ME): Author of “Nowhere, a Story of Exile”
- Nicholas Gaudette & Maggie Bergeron (Minneapolis, MN): Educators and Co-Creators of “Hear Here!” a new Twin Cities music and movement festival
- Jonas Fisher (Warroad, MN): Musician and Composer
- Alex Gilliam (Philadelphia, PA): Entrepreneur, Expert Builder, and Founder of Public Workshop
- Patrick Kasper (Fargo, ND): Fitness Guru and Creator of “Positive Motion: Movement with a Message”
- Tim Larkin (Los Vegas, NV): Self-Defense Expert, Founder of Target Focus Training, and Author of “Surviving the Unthinkable”
- Taylor Mortell (Boston, MA): Co-Founder of “Still Running: An Art Marathon for Boston”
- Jason Schaefer (Grand Forks, ND): Urbanist
- Natasha Thomas (Grand Forks, ND): Educator and Community Activist
- Bill Wong (Los Angeles, CA): Occupational Therapist Specializing in Autism
TEDxGrandForks is licensed by TED but is locally organized by Hannah Bahnmiller, Brandon Baumbach, Emily Burkland, Becca Grandstrand, Andrew Galegher, Shana Hall, and Hana Mattern.