TEDxGrandForks’ tickets are $100 for general admission. The ticket purchase price includes access to all talks and experiences, including a social following the event. Tickets are available online at www.tedxgrandforks.com/tickets.
Registration will begin at the Empire Arts Center at 12:30pm on Friday, February 7, 2014 and the program will begin at 1:00pm. An After Party will follow at approximately 6:00pm at The Grand Historic Event Center in Downtown Grand Forks. Hors d’oeuvres, music, and a cash bar will be be provided.
Generous sponsors for TEDxGrandForks include the Greater Grand Forks Convention and Visitors Bureau; the University of North Dakota; the University of North Dakota Student Government; the Knight Foundation; Black Gold Farms; Betsy & Dexter Perkins; AE2S; the Community Foundation of Grand Forks, East Grand Forks, and Region; Amazing Grains Food Cooperative; Dakota Harvest; and The Grand Historic Event Center.
The nine speakers are as follows, listed in alphabetical order. For detailed biographies, please visit the TEDxGrandForks website:
- Honorable Carolyn H. Becraft: Former Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Manpower and Reserve Affairs) and Founder of Becraft Associates, Burke, VA
- Dave Batcheller: President & COO of Appareo Systems, Fargo, ND
- Carly Flaagan: UND Senior in Music Therapy and winner of the 2013 E. Thayer Gaston Research Writing Award from the American Music Therapy Association, Grand Forks, ND
- Tamarah Gehlen: Professor at Adler Graduate School and Program Director of WINGS Treatment Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Dr. Timothy Henry: Interventional Cardiologist at Cedars Sinai Heart Institute, Los Angeles, CA
- Anna Hovet: Fashion Designer and Entrepreneur, Chicago, IL
- Diana Laufenberg: Experiential Educator at the Science Leadership Academy, Philadelphia, PA
- Mark J. Lindquist: Co-Founder of Breath is Limited, Fargo, ND
- Barry Striegel: Founding director of the North Dakota Youth Entrepreneurship Education Program, Bismarck, ND
TEDxGrandForks is locally organized by Hannah Bahnmiller, Emily Burkland, Becca Grandstrand, Tyrone Grandstrand, and Hana Mattern. Those interested in volunteering for TEDxGrandForks should email email@example.com for more information.